We realise that protecting the climate and the environment are paramount to maintaining an excellent quality of life for us and for the generations to come. Our Green Policy is founded on this principle: Avoid, realise and only then provide sustainable disposal.
The focus is currently on energy, climate, recycling and knowledge transfer.
In the energy sector, we:
- deliver 95% of natural light throughout the premises, thus achieving lower energy consumption.
- use environment-friendly energy sources (100% hydropower) throughout the entire building.
- use power-efficient lighting technology (LED light sources).
- put a premium on water-saving measures (including commensurate fixtures, rinse stop buttons, 100% biodegradable toilet paper).
- are committed to green IT (e.g., use of power-saving PCs and print devices as well as energy-efficient servers).
In the climate protection sector, we:
- benefit from energy-saving natural climate controls inherent in the buildings own historic structural features.
- help lower CO2 emissions by promoting the use of convenient pedestrian access points and multiple public transportation options to the Hofburg Vienna.
- work in spaces that have rooms with individual controlled HVAC.
- enhance the efficiency of our HVAC by regular monitoring.
- give preference to catering partners who use organic, seasonal and local products when preparing meals.
To ensure optimal recycling, we:
- operate a waste separation programme in all business office and other administrative areas.
- use biodegradable materials for cleaning and maintenance services and during all event activities.
- strongly encourage our catering partners to utilise multi-use tableware/white tableware.
- enforce our waste management concept.
For knowledge transfer, we:
- promote among and advise our customers on the organisation of environmentally-friendly events.
- support our partners with innovative ideas on climate protection.
- promote the certification of Green Meetings.
As to future projects:
- plan on reducing stand-by electricity consumption.
- implement energy saving plans that entail a 1015% lower energy demand by employing phase compensation.
- implement an IT-controlled power circuit switching (including centralised lighting management).
- evaluate the carbon footprint of an event.
We would also like to refer you to these related websites for additional information:
Please click here to learn more about our projects.