House Rules Hofburg Festsaele
of Wiener Kongresszentrum Hofburg Betriebsgesellschaft m. b. H.
Wiener Kongresszentrum Hofburg Betriebsges.m.b.H is the operator of HOFBURG Vienna (hereinafter referred to as HV). Events held on HV premises are subject to the laws and regulations applicable in Austria, including the provisions of the Vienna Events Act (Wiener Veranstaltungsgesetz) and the Vienna Event Venues Act (Wiener Veranstaltungsstättengesetz), and all provisions arising therefrom must be complied with. These house rules apply to all visitors to HOFBURG Vienna, event organizers and their employees and all persons and companies contracted by the said organizers:
1. Entrance to HV is restricted to the following authorised persons without exception:
- employees of the operator of HV, for the purposes of fulfilling their professional duties;
- event organisers and their employees, as well as persons contracted by event organisers in relation to a specific event;
- visitors to an event that is open to the public, upon presentation of a valid entrance ticket;
- visitors to an event who are named on a guest list;
- in accordance with section 25 of the Wiener Veranstaltungsgesetz (Vienna Events Act), officials employed by the city administration or by Vienna Provincial Police Directorate exercising their duties, and
- all other persons granted special authorisation by the operator.
The operator reserves the right to eject unauthorised persons from the premises and, in serious cases, to bar them from the premises.
2. Visitors to HOFBURG Vienna must behave in a manner that does not endanger, harm, obstruct or harass any other person. Admission to the premises in paper costumes and with balloons or other objects that could endanger the safety of visitors or cause damage to the premises is prohibited. Using open flames, lighting candles, sparklers or other pyrotechnic items and bringing in objects made of breakable, splintering or especially hard material (especially bottles, glasses, tankards and cans) is prohibited. Candles that are displayed for decorative purposes are permitted provided that they are protected from ignition. It is also forbidden to bring weapons of any kind onto the premises, including firearms, knives, knuckledusters and all other stabbing weapons (including historical or antique objects), without the prior authorisation of HV. This does not apply to service weapons carried by on-duty police officers. Visitors must behave in a manner that ensures maximum protection of the fabric of the building and inventory while on HV premises, and must use the inventory in accordance with its intended purpose.
3. All visitors are liable for any damage they cause, including damage to HV premises, furniture and furnishings and works of art, in accordance with civil law. HOFBURG Vienna accepts no liability whatsoever for accidents involving visitors to its premises beyond that imposed by the relevant statutory provisions.
4. The entrances, access areas and premises are monitored by video for security reasons.
5. In addition to the ban on bringing in weapons of any kind, it is strictly prohibited to bear weapons (unless HV has given permission to do so) and to bring in or consume drugs on HV premises. Upon admission or in the event of justified suspicion, HV reserves the right to search items of clothing worn and receptacles and objects brought in by visitors.
6. Persons who are under the influence of drugs or alcohol, persons who cause trouble and who violate the rules of public conduct or in any other way breach the provisions of the Vienna Security Act (Wiener Landessicherheitsgesetz) or the Security Police Act (Sicherheitspolizeigesetz) or the Criminal Code (Strafgesetzbuch) will be denied access to or expelled from HV premises.
7. It is not permitted to bring animals onto the HV premises, with the exception of guide dogs and service dogs for persons with disabilities. Owners of such dogs must present a disability ID or pass and proof of the dogs training on entering the premises. Guide and service dogs must be kept on a leash and wear a muzzle.
8. It is prohibited to bring food or drinks into the rooms and facilities at HV.
9. Wheelchair users (and any accompanying persons) must use the spaces reserved for them and must be informed of designated escape routes before the event commences.
10. Overcoats, large umbrellas and large bags and baggage (such as backpacks and suitcases) must be deposited at the cloakroom. Prams must be placed in the areas reserved for them and may not be brought into other parts of HV premises. In the event of loss of, or damage to, the deposited items, any liability on the part of the operator of HV is excluded.
11. Lost property must be handed in to reception. HV sends unclaimed items to the City of Vienna Lost Property Office (Fundamt) within seven working days.
12. Smoking restrictions under the Vienna Events Act, Provincial Legal Gazette for Vienna No. 12/1971, as amended, under the Tabakgesetz (Tobacco Act) as amended and in accordance with any regulations that replace them must be observed at all times. Smoking is strictly prohibited throughout HV, except in designated areas. The use of electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes) is likewise prohibited. The operating company accepts liability neither for infringements of any smoking bans, nor for damages incurred or injury suffered by the contractual partner or third parties as a result of smoking.
13. The rooms and facilities at HV must be kept clean at all times. Non-urgent cleaning work that may be disruptive should not be performed while visitors are present. Lighting, including emergency and any additional lighting, may not be switched off before visitors and employees have vacated the premises (unless the said employees perform an essential continual service).
14. Escape routes, emergency exits and transportation routes must be kept free from obstructions at all times. The escape routes and emergency exits may only be used in emergencies. Escape routes are indicated by illuminated emergency exit signs. These will guide you along the escape route until you are outside the building. Should the building need to be evacuated or the alarm sounds, all persons inside the building must make their way via the nearest escape route to one of the two assembly points the green area in the middle of the Bibliothekshof, or next to the statue of Archduke Karl on horseback on Heldenplatz (on the other side of the road that passes through the Hofburg). HV reserves the right to remove any vehicles and objects that have been unlawfully parked or placed in or in front of HOFBURG Vienna premises or the assembly point at the expense of the person causing the obstruction.
15. It is prohibited to change or rearrange any of the furniture, e.g. armchairs, tables, decorations, works of art, etc. and in particular any safety equipment, or to tamper with technical equipment.
16. Children under the age of 12 may use the lifts only if they are accompanied by an adult.
17. Unless an exception has expressly been made by HV for a given event category or event, photographing, filming and producing audio recordings is prohibited on HV premises. In the event of an infringement of the above provision, HV reserves the right to request the person found in possession of the equipment with which photographs, films or audio recordings have been made to delete the latter, or to confiscate the equipment until the situation has been clarified.
18. All sales activities and the distribution of written materials or goods of any kind are prohibited in the immediate vicinity of HV and on HV premises. Opinion polls and/or surveys require the prior consent of HV. Displaying posters and distributing flyers etc. in front of the entrances or the facades of the building and on HV premises is prohibited, as are rallies and demonstrations. A minimum of 150 euros will be charged as lump‑sum compensation for each instance of fly‑posting or the distribution of pamphlets.
19. For safety and hazard prevention reasons, visitors are obliged to follow the instructions of the stewarding and security services. Any notices posted in HV rooms and access areas, such as access prohibition signage, must be precisely complied with.
20. In the event of safety hazards or fire, supervisory and security staff must be informed immediately, and their orders and announcements complied with.
21. In the event of infringements of these house rules or of clear indications of likely infringements, HV reserves the right to request the identity document of the person concerned in order to record his/her personal details, to order that person to leave the building, and, in the event of serious infringements, to bar such person from the premises, as well as to forward the details to the police. In such cases refunds will not be given for admission tickets.
22. Infringements of the provisions of the Vienna Events Act and notices issued thereunder, in conjunction with the provisions of the Wiener Veranstaltungsstättengesetzes (Vienna Event Venues Act), including the authorised house rules shall be subject to the penalties stipulated by the Vienna Events Act, Provincial Legal Gazette for Vienna No. 12/1971, as amended. Violation of the duties to act and to refrain from action in respect of the operation and use of event facilities, as stipulated by the house rules as well as by the provisions of the Vienna Events Act and notices issued thereunder, may result in prosecution.
Vienna, January 2015